subtitle

from a hot mess to the perfect dress...follow the adventure as the old lady and I attempt to make my wedding dress.







Saturday, March 26, 2011

Do you buy a titsling or do you buy a brassiere?

Every summer for as long as I can remember my family would pile up in the 1984 Chevy Caprice station wagon exactly like the one from Chevy Chase's Summer Vacation-- and go to Indianapolis to visit our extended family. Lizza (my sister Anne Elizabeth) and I would always demand to watch Beaches about five times while we were there, so it kind f became our thing. This week a glass of wine and I were working on sewing up the muslin when I stopped and said, "Hey, Mom!! Look!! It's a titsling!!" If you've never seen Beaches I'm sure this makes no sense. So here ya go... Otto Titsling. I was pretty excited and immediately called Lizza to tell her! As soon as I said the words "bra" and "Beaches" she broke into song. Our family motto is "relationships come and go, but crazy is forever". And this posting is plenty of evidence that we live this on a daily basis. I love my crazy family! Most days.
Otto Titsling, inventor and kraut...

No comments:

Post a Comment